Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: Do you do special orders? A: Each product listing will say if it can be special ordered or not. Hand-painted designs are one-of-a-kind and each piece will be similar yet a little different from the one shown.
- Q: May I return my purchase? A: Yes, but because we are a small company we ask that you contact us within 3 days of receipt if you would like to return the item. Returns are for exchange or store credit only and have original tags on them. Unless the return is due to a manufacturing error, buyers pay for return shipping.
- Q: I see a design in the gallery section that I am interested in. May I special order one similar? A. I have designed many different garments over the years and I keep all my patterns. Many designs are customer favorites and I will consider special orders on them. If you see something you like please email me at email@example.com and we will discuss it.
- Q: May I special order your designs in other sizes? A: Many designs may be requested in other sizes so please contact me about the piece you are interested in. Prices may vary according to size, etc.
- Q: Are your garments washable? A: Almost all of our garments are hand wash or dry clean. The colors on all our hand-dyed and hand-painted fabrics have been set for washing according to the manufacturers' standards. These fabrics are washed and dried before cutting and sewing.
- Q: What is the best way to hand wash my silk scarf? A: I use generic baby shampoo (recommended by a consumer report study years ago) and I often finish with a liquid fabric conditioner plus a dash of white vinegar in rinse water. I roll scarf in a clean towel and then iron it damp, or sometimes I hang dry and press or steam if necessary. Pressing when damp or wet brings out the beautiful sheen of the silk fiber. Some silks can also be dried on fluff or low in dryer and taken out before completely dry. Silk is a lovely, durable fiber and most types of silk breathe and are cool to wear.